Positive Anonymous 12 Step Program
Positive Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from unwholesome behaviors.The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop unwholesome behaviors. There are no dues or fees for P.A. membership; we are self supporting through our own contributions. P.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses not opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay Positive with Wholesome Behaviors and achieve harmony in our lives.
Copyright by the AA Grapevine Inc.; adapted with permission. Permission to adapt the AA Preamble does not in any way imply any affiliation with or endorsement of any other Twelve Step program or any other outside entity.
We are Positive Anonymous 12 Step Program group. We believe in Higher Power as we understand to help us. We embraced the same principles of AA towards unwholesome behavior, thought forms/entities after written permission from AA. The official website for AA is http://www.aa.org
The Twelve Steps
Study of these Steps is essential to progress in Positive Anonymous 12 Step Program. The principles they embody are universal, applicable to everyone, whatever his personal creed. In Positive Anonymous, we strive for an ever-deeper understanding of these Steps, and pray for the wisdom to apply them to our lives.
1. We admitted we were powerless over unwholesome behaviors – that our lives became unmanageble.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The Twelve Traditions
These guidelines are the means of promoting harmony and growth in Positive Anonymous groups and in the world-wide fellowship of Positive Anonymous as a whole. Our group experience suggests that our unity depends upon our adherence to these Traditions:
1. Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends upon unity.
2. For our group purpose there is but one authority-a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
3. The positive anonymous group, when gathered together for mutual aid, may call themselves Positive Anonymous, provided that, as a group, they have no other affiliation. The only requirement for membership is that there is a need to heal thy soul.
4. Each group should be autonomous, except in matters affecting Positive Thinking as a whole.
5. Each Positive Anonymous group has but one purpose: to help heal our soul of unwholesome behavior, thought forms/entities by welcoming and giving comfort to each other.
6. Our Positive Anonymous ought never endorse, finance, or lend our name to any outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary spiritual aim. Although a separate entity, we should always cooperate with Positive Anonymous group.
7. Every group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
8. Positive Anonymous Twelth Step work should remain forever nonprofessional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
9. Our groups, as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
10. Positive Anonymous have no opinion on outside issues; hence our name ought never be drawn in public controversy.
11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, TV and films. We need guard with special care the anonymity of all Positive Anonymous members.
12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles above personalities.
Slogans of Positive Anonymous
Let Go and Let God
Easy Does It
Live and Let Live
First Things First
One Day at a Time
Keep It Simple
Listen and Learn
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Heal Thy Soul by Tough Minded Optimism
Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down
Faith is believing without seeing
All things are possible to one who believes
Whatever weakens your reason,
impairs the tenderness of your conscience,
obscures your sense of God,
or takes off your relish of spiritual things;
whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind,
that thing is sin to you, however innocent it may be in itself.
Susanna Wesley – (John Wesley’s Mother)
Affirmation to become a Spiritual Mirror:
God is my SilverSmith and I am his Spiritual Mirror.
So I am anonymous and see only God in front of me.
Whatever is said to me I take this as a message from Him.
I honor all the tasks given to me everyday.
I do this One Day at a Time.
Affirmation of Faith:
When I look down at your baby eyes filled with trust
and want to hold my hands because you are scared,
I am scared too …
I instinctly reach out and take your hand.
With Faith I lift up my hand to hand me divine help
and as we ascend believing we are healed
Affirmation of Purpose in Life:
All the things others had chosen to do
to make me get to this point in life
is for me to hold out my hand which fits
the exact measurement of a baby hand
that is waiting with Faith to be healed
The Sweetest Dreams…
The Sweetest Dreams are the Ones…
That the Mind cannot Fathom yet
But the Heart had a glimpse of…
and Relishes it in its Minuscule bits
which sends a Shower of Love
that Creates a Rainbow Bridge!
So wake up and begin the Journey
To bridge the Gap for the Child Within!
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children,
to earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty,
to find the best in others,
to leave the world a bit better
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch,
or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you lived.
This is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
God is the SilverSmith
The email was entitled “Refiner and Purifier of Silver”. It spoke of a group of women in a bible study group who came across the scripture in Malachi 3:3 which states: “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver”. This triggered the women’s curiosity and they sought to connect it to the character and nature of God. One of the women therefore volunteered to do some research and find out about the process spoken of in the bible verse and make a presentation at the next meeting.
Without divulging the reasons for her interest, she made arrangements to observe a silversmith at work. As she watched, he held a piece of silver over the fire and allowed it to heat up. He told her that in refining the silver, you had to put it in the middle of the fire where the flames were most intense so that you would get rid of all the impurities.
This made the woman think of how God sometimes seems to hold us in tight hot spots and then her mind went back to the bible verse above. So then proceeded to ask the gentleman if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time and wait until the metal was purified. He then explained to her that he not only had to sit there the whole time holding the metal in the fire but also had to watch it diligently because if left in the fire a minute too long the silver could be destroyed.
An abundance of thoughts flew through the lady’s mind as this point and her next question was “How do you know when the metal is refined”? At this point the silversmith smiled at her and said “Oh, that’s easy, that’s when I see my image in it”.
The end of the email said “If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eyes on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.”
Purchase books on Positive 12 Step Program
© Copyright 2005 Positive Anonymous 12 Steps Program @ http://www.positive12steps.org/. All Rights Reserved.